10 Fun Holiday Season Things to Do in Pennsylvania
1. The Christmas Light Show at Macy's. A Philadelphia holiday tradition that's been going on since 1956. A light show illuminates a large wall in the historic Wanamaker Building, ending with music on the Wanamaker organ.
2. The Christkindlmarket in Bethlehem PA. If the the name of this town isn't enough cause for a Christmas-time visit, the Christkindlmarket should win you over. The special holiday market features over 125 vendors.
3. Pittsburgh's Light Up Night. Pittsburgh kicks off the holiday season with a bang! Free downtown entertainment, activies, and a fireworks spectacular.
4. A Longwood Christmas. Longwood Gardens decks the halls (and the garden, and the conservatory) for the holiday season. Enjoy holiday lights, colorful and spectacular fountain displays.
5. Koziar's Christmas Village. You'll find lots of lights and holiday spirit on display at Koziar's. Walk through a winter wonderland of buildings and holiday displays. A fun family destination.
6. Overly's County Christmas. Enjoy a Christmas village filled with old-fashioned traditions and treats including a bonfire, horse-drawn sleigh and wagon rides, and a traditional nativity with live animals.
7. Pittsburgh's Market Square. Market Square in downtown Pittsburgh is a fun destination during the holiday season with German-style holdiay market and a choreographed light show that goes off every half hour after dark. There's also an ice skating rink at nearby PPG Square.
8. The Pennsylvania Christmas & Gift Show. Over 500 specialty shops under one roof at one of the largest holiday shows in the country. Held at the PA Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA.
9. Riverfront Skating in Philadelphia. Enjoy ice skating in a spectacular setting at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia's Spruce Street Harbor Park. The waterfront rink has views of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and Delaware River. The park also features a holiday light show and onsite restaurant.
10. Holiday Light Show at Shady Brook Farm. Drive through a holiday display of over three million lights on this Morrisville farm. Open air wagon rides through the display are also available, weather permitting.
A Winter Morning ©Michael Sandy / Dollar Photo Club